The EQ Program gives your child the chance to spend 2-3 weeks learning western-style riding, horse care, tacking, trail riding, and overnight camping within a Judaic environment. Ranch Camp’s 60+ years in small group, equine programming led by qualified instructors will challenge both beginner and intermediate riders alike, as they form life-long friendships in our one-of-a-kind, Colorado Judaic home!
Our EQ program is offered every session, exclusively for riders in grades 5 – 9, and caters to beginners and advanced. Intermediate and advanced riders in grades 9 – 11 are invited to experience our teen programs, Pack N’ Ride and Wrangler in Training.
- Campers will be grouped by age and ability.
- Campers will spend most of their activity time with their horses (except for Shabbat—horses need rest, too!)
- Horses are matched with riders based on ability, personality, and rider goals.
- 16-18 riders/session with 8-9 campers per arena.
- Every arena will have one instructor and one assistant.
- Program time is split between arena work, trail rides, and horse care on Ranch Camp’s beautiful 400-acre property in Elbert, CO.
- Campers will enjoy one overnight ride/session (weather permitting) to ride their horses out and camp under the stars!
- Campers participate in theme days such as Maccabiah (Color War) and Israel Day.
Is EQ Right for Me?
The EQ Program welcomes children without any prior horse experience; however, we do suggest your child spend some time around horses before the program begins. We recommend this to determine their interest level, as EQ is an intensive and immersive horse-focused program, and we want them to make sure they are ready to saddle on board!
EQ riders with more experience may be leveled up depending on their riding abilities, which will be evaluated during the first few days of the program. Instructors will meet with campers on an individual basis to determine their riding level and horse matches for the session.