"Ranch Camp gives my daughter confidence and a sense of belonging....I am very happy that, because of this, she feels a kinship with Judaism in a way that I could not have provided her."
2016 Camp Parent
Here are the individual program packing lists. You can also view the packing lists in the 2019 Parent Handbook starting on page 10!
First Time Camper Grant
One Happy Camp Grant – $700-$1000 Grants
The OHC grant is a first time camper incentive grant awarded on a first come, first served basis to families who meet the following criteria:
- First time attending a Jewish residential camp
- Attending for a minimum of 12 days
- Identify as Jewish
- Don’t currently attend a Jewish Day School
If you meet the above qualifications you are welcome to apply for the One Happy Camper Grant at www.onehappycamper.org. Campers attending a 12 -18 day session will qualify to receive a $700 grant and campers attending a 19+ day session will qualify to receive a $1000 grant.
Frequently Asked Questions
What safety protocols and features do you have?
Our #1 priority is the emotional, physical and spiritual health, safety and well-being of our campers.
- On-Site Mirpa’ah (Health Center) staff including a registered nurse or physician available 24/7
- Multiple Daily Health Calls (Open Clinic Hours)
- Air-Conditioned Mirpa’ah with overnight capacity
- Urgent Care Facilities 25 minutes away in Falcon, CO with open hours every day
- Several major hospitals (St. Francis Hospital, Colorado Springs – SkyRidge Medical Center – Denver – Children’s Hospital, Parker) within 45 minutes drive
- Flight for Life available 24/7
- Local Ambulance Support within 10 minutes
- Camp entrance monitored by video surveillance camera
- On-Site security presence with a professional security guard
- All spaces at camp equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguishers
- Staff and campers review and practice emergency procedures within the first 24 hours of each session
- All staff are trained on emergency procedures, lost camper, major injury, intruder, active shooter and disaster preparedness as well as CPR/First Aid certified
- Staff are background checked through multiple agencies, screened through personal interviews and reference checks
- Staff are given continuous performance evaluations throughout the summer
- 10 – 17 days of Pre-Camp on location Staff Training with pre-camp distance learning component.
- Accredited by the American Camping Association
- Annual Compliance with State Fire Inspection, State Licensing and Health Inspections.
What is the best way to get more people from my community involved in Ranch Camp?
Schedule a Ranch Camp House Party!
Camp can be even more fun for your camper if their friends join them for the experience! We are happy to help you introduce camp to your friends and community.
Hosting a house party or community event is easy and fun!
- Contact RC staff to discuss your event idea and set a date. If you get a group together that wants to learn about camp we are happy to drive/fly to your location!
- We will help you create an evite or email invitation to send out to your friends/community inviting them to your camp-themed event! Collect RSVP’s and encourage people to attend.
- On the day-of the event, a Ranch Camp staff member will run the entertainment of the day providing food, drink, camper activity and family presentation about camp!
- For hosting an event you will receive $200 off your camp tuition and for every family that signs up you will receive an additional $100 referral credit!!
Contact us at 303.316.6384 or firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to us about hosting an event in your home or community!
If my child is coming from Colorado, what is the best way to get them to Ranch Camp?
Transportation To/From Ranch Camp – Local
- Bus Transportation: We recommend that families living in Denver/Boulder and areas north of camp take the bus to camp! Buses leave from Denver Jewish Day School (2450 S Wabash St, Denver CO) at specific times for each session. Please see the Travel Parameters on page 5 of the 2019 Parent Handbook! Bus Transportation is free.
- Ranch Camp Pick Up/Drop Off: Families are welcome to pick up and drop off at Ranch Camp! For families living in Colorado Springs or south of camp, we recommend this option. For end of session pick-up, we invite all families to pick-up at camp and enjoy an information tour led by your camper while they share their camp memories from the season! Please see the Travel Parameters on page 5 of the 2019 Parent Handbook!
If my child is coming from out of state, what is the best way to get them to Ranch Camp?
Transportation To/From Ranch Camp – Out of State
Flights into Colorado
We have two major airports equidistant to the Ranch Camp: Denver International Airport (DEN) or Colorado Springs Airport (COS). While we encourage travel into DIA (DEN) we will accommodate pick up at either airport. Please see the Travel Parameters on page 5 of the 2019 Parent Handbook!
- Preferred Flight Window: We ask that families to their best to plan arrival times between 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and departure times between 11:00 am – 2:00pm. If your flight falls outside of this window we will still arrange pick up but will a call in advance so we can plan accordingly.
- Airline Options: While we do not partner with any airline and have good working relationships with a variety of carriers, Southwest airlines has the most flexible approach to unaccompanied minors. Please read the “unaccompanied minor” section below to see why this might matter to you.
- Pick Up and Drop Off Procedures: It is very important to us that your camper never by left alone in the airport at any time. We will have a staff member accompany your camper from the moment they step off the plane, getting baggage, checking in, going through security and getting back on the plane at the end of their camp experience. We do this using escort passes which allow us to go through security to meet campers directly.
- Unaccompanied Minors: For most airlines, anyone flying under the age of 17 is considered an unaccompanied minor will will be required to fly with a special tag and you will be charged an additional fee. Southwest airlines allows children over 11 to pass on this requirement. Regardless of age, airlines will allow you escort passes to accompany your child to the gate. Our service only changes slightly based on the UM designation of your child. If you are flying as an UM you MUST designate this on your travel form; the airline will ask you to provide contact information – please call us at 303.316.6384 (winter) or 303.648.3800 (summer) and we will provide you with temporary contact information which you will need to update 48 hrs before your flight with specific contact information of your child’s designated staff person. (Flying as an UM is sometimes a personal choice – it can provide your child with additional attention on the plane and if the flight is re-routed unexpectedly. Ranch Camp has no preference on what designation your camper flies under.)
Driving to Colorado
For our closely surrounding states, it might make sense to drive to camp or to Denver (bus pick-up) instead of fly. If so, you can find driving directions in the parent manual or by using Google Maps. Note that any other map or GPS service will most likely not be accurate. We have worked with Google to make sure our directions are correct.
- Hotels: There are no hotels within 30 minutes of Ranch Camp in either direction. The nearest hotels are as follows:
- Colorado Springs: Holiday Inn Express Airport, Colorado Springs or Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport, Colorado Springs. These hotel options are near the branching of I-25 to HWY 24.
- Castle Rock: Best Western Plus Castle Rock, Castle Rock. This hotel is near the exit for HWY 86, which will take you east to Elbert.
- South Denver: There are hundreds of hotels in Denver for the choosing! This option is best if you camper is planning to take the bus from Denver Jewish Day School down to Ranch Camp, though you can drive as well. Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech Center is a good choice just off the highway and 15 minutes away from the bus pick up/drop off site.