What should I pack? How do I get to camp? What are the COVID policies? What if I miss home? You have questions and we have answers!
Got questions? You can email, call, or schedule a meeting with one of our staff members today.
Summer Handbook and Pre-Camp Town Halls and Orientations
The Summer Handbook is the best resource in helping you prepare for summer and includes everything from transportation to packing lists.
We will host several Virtual Town Halls and Information Sessions this spring to review everything you may need to know for Summer 2024, all of which will cover the same information, so you only need to attend one.
Register for our Virtual Town Hall and Information Sessions:
First Time Camper Grants
First-Time Camper Grants – $700 – $1,000
The OHC grant is a first-time camper incentive grant awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis to families who meet the following criteria:
- First time attending a Jewish residential camp.
- Attending for a minimum of 12 days.
- Identify as Jewish.
Those who meet the above qualifications are welcome to apply here: www.onehappycamper.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Jewish life like at Ranch Camp?
Ranch Camp strives to connect children to their Jewish heritage and community, and natural world around them—through mind, body, and spirit. To do so, Ranch Camp provides campers with innovative Jewish programming, giving them the freedom to define their own Jewish identities.
What safety protocols and features do you have?
Our #1 priority is the emotional, physical, and spiritual health, safety, and wellbeing of our campers.
- On-Site Mirpa’ah (Health Center) staff including a registered nurse or physician available 24/7.
- Multiple daily health calls (during open clinic hours)
- Air-conditioned Mirpa’ah with overnight capacity
- Urgent Care facilities 25 minutes away in Falcon, CO, with open hours every day.
- Several major hospitals (St. Francis Hospital, Colorado Springs; SkyRidge Medical Center, Denver; Children’s Hospital, Parker) within a 45-minute drive.
- Flight for Life is available, 24/7.
- Local ambulance support within 10 minutes.
- Camp entrance monitored by video surveillance camera.
- On-site security presence with a professional security guard.
- All spaces at camp are equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- Staff and campers review and practice emergency procedures within the first 24 hours of each session.
- All staff are trained on emergency procedures, lost camper, major injury, intruder, active shooter, and disaster preparedness as well as CPR/First Aid certified.
- Staff are background checked through multiple agencies, screened through personal interviews, and reference checked.
- Staff are given continuous performance evaluations throughout the summer.
- Staff participate in 10 – 17 days of pre-camp, on location, Staff Training with a pre-camp distance learning component.
- Accredited by the American Camping Association.
- Annual Compliance with State Fire Inspection, State Licensing, and Health Inspections.
What is the best way to get more people from my community involved in Ranch Camp?
Schedule a Ranch Camp House Party!
Hosting a community house party is easy and fun!
- Contact RC staff to discuss your event idea and set a date. We are happy to drive/fly to your location.
- We will help you create an e-vite or email invitation to send out to your friends/community for your camp-themed event! Collect RSVPs and encourage people to attend.
- On the day of the event, a Ranch Camp staff member will run the entertainment of the day, providing food, drink, activities, and a family presentation about camp!
- You will receive $250 off your camp tuition for every family that registers through your event.
Contact us at 303.316.6384 or via email to talk to us about hosting an event in your home or community!
What is the best way to get my child to Ranch Camp?
- Ranch Camp Pick Up/Drop Off: Families are welcome to drop off their children at Ranch Camp for our open house-like experience where you can see all that Ranch Camp has to offer. We also invite families to pick their campers up at the end of their session, and enjoy an informational tour led by your camper!
- There a no buses to or from Ranch Camp for arrival and departure.
If my child is coming from out of state, what is the best way to get them to Ranch Camp?
Out of State
Flights into Colorado
We can accommodate camper pick-up and drop off for flights arriving and departing from Denver International Airport (DIA).
- We ask that families plan arrival and departure times between 9:30 am MST and 12:30 pm MST.
- Southwest has the most flexible approach for unaccompanied minors.
- It is important that your camper is never left alone in the airport at any time. We will arrange for a staff member to accompany them from the moment they step off the plane to getting back on it, by using escort passes to go through security and meet campers directly.
- Most airlines consider ages 17 and under as unaccompanied minors and will be required to fly with a special tag that costs an additional fee. Southwest airlines allows children over 11 to pass this requirement. Unaccompanied minors MUST designate this on their travel forms and ask you to provide contact information. Please call us for this temporary contact information, which you will need to update 48 hours before the flight.
Driving to Colorado
Those living in neighboring states might choose to drive instead of fly. We recommend using Google Maps or the driving directions listed in the parent manual, as we’ve ensured these both are correct.
Accommodations: There are no hotels within 30 minutes of Ranch Camp in any direction. Here are the nearest hotels:
- Colorado Springs: Holiday Inn Express Airport, Colorado Springs or Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport, Colorado Springs. These hotel options are near the branching of I-25 to HWY 24.
- Castle Rock: Best Western Plus Castle Rock, Castle Rock. This hotel is near the exit for HWY 86, which will take you east to Elbert.
- South Denver: There are hundreds of hotels in Denver to choose from! This option is best if your camper is planning to take the bus from Denver Jewish Day School down to Ranch Camp. Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech Center is just off the highway and 15 minutes away from the bus pick up/drop off site.