Saddle up for a Horse Intensive
Jewish Summer Camp Experience!
For over 50 years, the JCC Ranch Camp has been providing top-class instruction in western style riding in a Judaic Camping environment. The EQ Program is the chance your child has been waiting for to spend 2-3 weeks learning horsemanship skills, western riding, horse care, tacking, trail riding and overnight camping. Our small riding groups led by AAHS certified instructors will challenge both beginner and intermediate riders to grow their equestrian skills while making life-long friends in our one-of-a-kind Colorado Judaic home!
We have several programs to accommodate riders of all levels and abilities. Our EQ program, offered each session, is available to riders 5th – 9th grade and is open to beginner and advanced riders. The Beginner Horsemanship Specialty Track is available for first-time and beginner riders in the 4th – 6th grade and is offered during Session II (June 27 – July 11). Intermediate/Advanced riders in the 8th – 11th grades are also invited to experience our teen programs, Pack N Ride and Wrangler-in-Training.
2017 Summer Dates
Session I EQ – June 11 – 25
Session II EQ – June 27 – July 11
Session II Beginner Horsemanship – June 27 – July 11
Session III EQ – July 13 – 30
Session III Pack N Ride – July 13 – 30
Interested in Teen Equestrian Programs? Click HERE to learn more about being a Wrangler – In – Training
- EQ participants spend 5 hours each day with their horse (except for Shabbat – horses need rest too!)
- Horses are matched to each rider based on ability, personality and rider goals.
- 16 Riders total per 2-3 week session with 8 campers per arena.
- Each arena has one AAHS Certified instructor and a highly qualified assistant.
- Riding time is split between arena work and trail riding on our 400 acres of beautiful Colorado property.
- One overnight ride per session (weather permitting) ; ride your horse out and camp under the stars.
- Ranch Camp Buckle Series
- Participate in camp theme days such as Maccabiah (Color War) and Israel Day.
Sample Daily Schedule
7:45am – Degel (Flagpole)
8:00am – Breakfast
9:20am – Camp Activity (Swimming, zipline, Teva Farm, Tie-Dye, Israeli Culture, etc)
10:35am – EQ Program Ride Time
1:15pm – Lunch
2:00pm – Menucha
3:30pm – EQ Program Ride Time
5:30pm – Cabin Time
6:oopm – Dinner
7:30pm – Camp Evening Program (Talent Show, Capture the Flag, Mission Impossible, etc)
9:00pm – Bedtime!
Judaism and Horses
A unique aspect of spending the summer riding alongside your friends in Colorado at the Ranch Camp is being surrounded by an amazing Jewish Community. In the corral we learn about Kavod Habriot which means respecting creation. In everything we do at Ranch Camp we try and recognize the deeper meaning and how we are connecting with the world around us.
Horses can teach us many things, as can our friends, teachers and leaders. There is no better place to grow, challenge yourself and be who you are then at the JCC Ranch Camp.
Meet Some Of Our Horses!
- Running Wolf