Session 2 Specialty Track Descriptions:
The tracks offered are:
- Outdoor Adventure (3rd – 8th) – Spend every morning getting your heart pumping through mountain biking, climbing, ziplining, swimming and hiking, this program will have a strong focus on team work and group dynamics. OA campers may also spend time camping off-site and take an overnight trip to camp, hike and explore at nearby wilderness areas. Potential add ons could include: canoeing, paddle boating, int. mountain biking, rock climbing, etc. (8th Grade Campers will also go on their traditional 4 day trip.)
- Creative Arts (3rd – 8th) – Get your creativity flowing with in-depth, multi-day art projects using a wide range of media AND get involved in a Ranch Camp Theater Production! Creative Arts track participants will have ample time to delve into personal work and gain experience in new materials. Campers will participate in a camp-wide art exhibition. Campers will also choose how they would like to be involved in the theater production – acting, set design, costuming, etc. Participants in the Creative Arts track may also take a day trip to the Denver area to participate in a hands-on art experience. (8th Grade Campers will also go on their traditional 4 day trip UNLESS they have a lead role in the session production.)
- Sports (3rd – 8th) – We are excited to offer a sports specialty track this summer! Campers will be able to experience a variety of sports throughout the session brought to them by Ranch Camp Sports Staff and other experienced coaches and players. Sports played may include but are not limited to: Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Lacrosse and Ultimate Frisbee. Sports track participants might also take a day trip to the Denver area to participate in a hands-on sports experience. (8th Grade Campers will also go on their traditional 4 day trip.)
- Beginner Horsemanship (4th – 6th) – If your camper is new to the world horseback riding and wants to experience horses on a daily basis without the all-day intensity of our nationally recognized EQ program, get excited to sign up for Beginner Horsemanship! This Session II Specialty track will have your camper (entering grades 4th – 6th) learning basic horsemanship skills including: grooming, tacking, feeding, arena riding skills (up to competence at the trot), trail riding and a foundation in horse knowledge (i.e. horse care, breed identification, etc). Beginner Horsemanship will take place for a 3 hour block in the morning. In the afternoon, campers will participate in chuggim and cabin programming giving them a chance to participate in other camp activities they love! If your camper feels like they might be experiences a bit of horse craziness – the Beginner Horsemanship track will be the perfect match!
- Equestrian (EQ) (5th – 9th) See Full Program Description HERE. (8th Grade Campers will NOT go on the 4 day trip if enrolled in EQ in order to progress through the program.)
- Traditional Ranch Program (Mini Camp)