Session 2 Specialty Track Descriptions:
The tracks offered are:
- Outdoor Adventure (3rd – 8th) – Spend every morning getting your heart pumping through mountain biking, climbing, ziplining, swimming and hiking, this program will have a strong focus on team work and group dynamics. OA campers will also spend time camping off-site and take an overnight trip to camp, hike and explore at nearby wilderness areas. Potential add ons could include: canoeing, paddle boating, int. mountain biking, rock climbing, etc. (8th Grade Campers will also go on their traditional 4 day trip.)
- Creative Arts (3rd – 8th) – Get your creativity flowing with in-depth, multi-day art projects using a wide range of media AND get involved in a Ranch Camp Theatre Production! Projects will be both guided and free-form. Creative Art track participants will have ample time to delve into personal work and gain experience in new materials. Campers will participate in a camp-wide art exhibition. Campers will also choose how they would like to be involved in the theatre production – acting, set design, costuming, etc. Participants in the Creative Arts track will take a day trip to the Denver area of participate in a hands-on art experience and see a local theatre production. (8th Grade Campers will also go on their traditional 4 day trip UNLESS they have a lead role in the session play.)
- Sports (3rd – 8th) – We are excited to offer a sports specialty track this summer!! Campers will be able to experience a variety of sports throughout the session brought to them by Ranch Camp Sports Staff and other experienced coaches and players. Prior to the summer, sports track participants will indicate which sports they are most interested in. Sports played may include but are not limited to: Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Lacrosse and Ultimate Frisbee. Sports track participants will spend time with guest coaches at Ranch Camp and will also take a day trip to compete in a tournament. (8th Grade Campers will also go on their traditional 4 day trip.)
- Beginner Horsemanship (4th – 6th) – If your camper is new to the world horseback riding and wants to experience horses on a daily basis without the all-day intensity of our nationally recognized EQ program, get excited to sign up for Beginner Horsemanship! This Session II Specialty track will have your camper (entering grades 4th – 6th) learning basic horsemanship skills including: grooming, tacking, feeding, arena riding skills (up to competence at the trot), trail riding and a foundation in horse knowledge (i.e. horse care, breed identification, etc). Beginner Horsemanship will take place for a 3 hour block in the morning. In the afternoon, campers will participate in chuggim and cabin programming giving them a chance to participate in other camp activities they love! If your camper feels like they might be experiences a bit of horse craziness – the Beginner Horsemanship track will be the perfect match!
- Equestrian (EQ) (5th – 9th) See Full Program Description HERE. (8th Grade Campers will NOT go on the 4 day trip if enrolled in EQ in order to progress through the program.)
- Traditional Ranch Program (Mini Camp)