Dust off your boots and jeans and saddle up for an adventure with the JCC Ranch Camp! We invite you to join us in Lake George, Colorado for 4 days of horses, mindfulness and Jewish connection.
- Accommodations at M Lazy C Guest Ranch (Option to upgrade to private cabins!)
- 2 Nights in cabins and 1 overnight on the trail
- Kosher-style food
- Jewish Mindfulness Practice and Engaging Text Study
- Cocktail Hours, mixers, plenty of time to relax, unwind and enjoy the mountains!
- Horses!! Ample riding time with an overnight trail ride. All levels welcome!
Need somewhere for the kids to go? Children grades 1st – 6th are able to attend our camp mini-session, Baktanna, which takes place entirely during this trip!
What is Jewish Mindfulness Practice?
Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations.
In a world that often feels filled with chaos and instability, Judaism holds that each individual is created from a Divine image and is capable of great kindness and goodness. Mindfulness practice can help us to be present in the current moment and to fulfill our values and enhance prayer and connection to each other and to the world around us.
Our trip leaders will be infusing this trip with practical mindfulness exercises that you will be able to “take home” and apply to your everyday life whether this be at work, home or play.
Accommodations: We will be hosted by the M Lazy C Guest Ranch in Lake George, Colorado. Included in your trip is dorm-style, bunk house accommodations. If you would like to upgrade to a private cabin, you are welcome to book directly with M Lazy C Guest Ranch!
Please book for the nights of August 6th and 7th only as we will do an overnight in tents on August 8th.
Rates: $950/person includes all activities, kosher-style meals, bunk house accommodations.
- $1800 for 2 people (couple or friend rate)
- 10% off for Ranch Camp Alumni or Current Parents
- Payment in Full required at time of booking.
- No Refunds after July 15th unless we are able to fill your spot on the trip.
- Cancellations prior to July 15th will incur a $50 deposit.
- Helmets are strongly encouraged and advised. Helmets will be provided.
- All attendees must be 16+. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Attendees will be sent a packing list and are responsible for all personal gear including a sleeping bag, sleeping pad, warm all-weather clothes, rain gear and boots suitable for riding. Tents and cookware are provided.
Trip Leader - Michelle Kaye
Michelle earned her Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of Colorado-Denver. Her extensive experience and expertise includes training and certification in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Learning (EAP/L) with EAGALA; Mindfulness Training, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT); Solution-Focused Brief Therapy; and Trauma training for Military Service Members, Veterans, and for children.
Michelle has served as an MFLC (Military and Family Life Counselor), nationally and internationally, for both adults and youth. She is honored to also be a counselor serving Project Sanctuary, providing therapeutic, recreational retreats for Military and Veteran Families.