According to the terms and conditions set forth below “Camper” or “Child(ren)” will be referred to as (the “Participant”), and Ranch Camp as (the “Activity”).
For your Participant to partake in the program, current medical forms and immunization certificates for each child must be on file in your Participant account, 10 days prior to the start of a JCC session.
See your CampMinder account for a full and complete list of all forms that must be completed before the start of camp in order for your Participant to attend camp. No Participant may come to camp without completed, signed forms. In particular the Health History must be completed and accurate. Our Camper Care and Clinic staff read through every health history for daily medicines, dosages, times, etc. We may call you to verify accuracy, and sometimes to work with you to adjust your child’s normal routine to a camp setting. All forms are due May 1st, 2022.
Medications (Prescription or Regularly Taken OTC Medications)
- All prescription & regularly taken OTC medications must be turned in to the health clinic staff by parent/guardians on the first day of camp.
- All medications must be in original packaging (do not “pre-package” yourself OR put medications in mixed bottles or Ziploc bags!) and the dosage MUST match the dosage listed on your Physician’s form.
- We cannot administer medications that are not listed on your Physician’s form until we receive written consent from your doctor.
- You must contact our office pre-summer if your child will be taking growth hormone, using insulin injections, or other refrigerated medications so we can bring coolers and/or develop care plans,
Asthma & Epipens
Asthmatics and Participants using Epipens must bring two inhalers/epi-pens (new, original packaging) – one will be kept as a back-up in our camp health clinic.
Illness at Camp
Participants who are sick during camp and have a fever of 100.5 or higher must remain in the infirmary and be fever free for 24 hours before returning. If a Participant has been vomiting or has diarrhea, they must be symptom free for 24 hours. In these cases, parent/guardians will be contacted.
Participants must complete the Activity Emergency Contacts section on the Participant Application. In the event of an emergency, all efforts will be made to contact the parent/guardians of the Participants. If we are unable to contact the parent/guardians, we will then try to contact the Emergency Contacts which you have provided. Please make sure to include the names, relationships, and phone numbers of people to whom you give permission for us to contact in the event that you are not available. Someone who is NOT listed on this form will not be able to pick up your child in the event of an emergency.
Licensure Abuse Statement
In the event of suspicion of child abuse or neglect of any enrolled children, staff members are required to report this to the director. The director or staff member will, in turn, report the findings to Child Protective Services as required by Colorado state law.
TERMS OF ENROLLMENT
- In accepting applications, the JCC reserves the right to place a Participant according to their own age-level and readiness standards in appropriate participant groups. The Director should be made aware of any special needs or limitations of the individual child. Please contact your camp director to discuss your child’s situation and/or specific challenges.
- Registration applications from any JCC accounts with an outstanding balances will not be processed. All outstanding balances must be paid in full before the registration application is accepted. All payments must be collected prior to a child attending camp unless you have set up a custom payment plan.
- Program fees that are not paid by the payment deadline will result in forfeiture and reapplication may be necessary. Participant WILL NOT be allowed to participate if balances are unpaid past their payment deadline. Payment deadlines are noted on the Participant registration confirmation.
- Without exception, all Payment Plans will be charged to the card on file or ACH account on the Payment Plan Dates. If the card on file is declined the enrolling parent will be notified and has 48 hours to provide another credit card. Failure to meet Payment Plan Dates is considered default and the participant(s) may not be allowed to attend programs. Delinquent balances will be sent to a collection agency.
- A) The JCC assumes that the parent submitting the application on behalf of the participant has financial responsibility for the entire account. The JCC will not be responsible for split payments between two parents or guardians. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian registering the child to set up a mutually agreed upon payment plan from both parties. Failure to pay from one party will result in financial responsibility being assigned to the other party, or the child will be withdrawn from the program. B) If a split party requires financial assistance, both parties must apply separately through the financial aid application process. If only one party needs assistance and qualifies, the financial assistance will only be granted towards his/her portion of the bill.
- The JCC is unable to credit tuition for absences or temporary withdrawals.
- The JCC reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment. In the event of cancellation due to insufficient enrollment, camp fees may be transferred to another camp or refunded without penalty.
- The Director and the JCC CEO reserves the right to dismiss without a refund or to cancel the enrollment of any child whose mental condition, conduct, influence or behavior is deemed unsatisfactory, or not in the best interest of the program.
- There will be no tobacco products, cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana, or illegal drugs at camp. Any participant caught smoking, drinking alcohol, or using illegal drugs on camp property will be dismissed from camp immediately. Any participant caught selling, distributing, or using drugs may also be prosecuted by the law.
- There will be no knives or any other weapons of any shape or size at camp. Any participant found with a weapon of any type may be dismissed from camp immediately.
- In order to be considered for scholarship assistance, a scholarship application with all supporting documentation (including a 2021 tax return) must be received by FAST no later than April. A $48 Application fee will be charged for each application. Scholarships awardees will be notified no later than May. Exact dates TBD.
- I understand that the JCC programs do not provide participant medical insurance. Each child must have personal health insurance. Participant medical costs incurred during the session including prescriptions, doctors’ visits or hospital bills will be covered by the patient’s insurance. If the participant’s insurance does not cover the expenses, I understand that I will be billed directly to cover the expenses.
- I understand that I am providing my consent to allow JCC to allow my child to see a movie with the rating of PG. Movies of a violent or sexual nature, as per the view of the camp director(s), will not be shown.
- Colorado law requires all participants attending Colorado licensed child cares to be vaccinated against certain diseases, unless a medical exemption is filed. As a Colorado state licensed child care facility, we require that all participants attending JCC Denver programs be up to date with their vaccinations as outlined by Colorado state law. All participants and staff members are required to submit their immunization record prior to the start date of their specific program(s). As a private organization, JCC Denver is not required to recognize religious or personal exemptions. JCC Denver bases this decision on the responsibility to protect all children and adults associated with JCC Denver from infections that can be prevented or ameliorated by immunizations.
- Activity Limitations: Inclement weather during the session can require that some activity periods are cancelled. We will reschedule cabin groups for certain activities such as horseback riding, archery, pool, and ropes course, if time and schedule allow. Mini and Baktanna Participants are scheduled at least once for all activities that they are eligible to participate in. These programs are a “taste of camp” experience and the short time frame does not often allow for Participants to get to do many of the activities more than once.
- Visitation: There are no visiting days during camp sessions. This policy is in place because parent visitations prove to be not only incredibly disruptive to the “Participant experience” but also tend to create or intensify homesickness.
- Valuables: Camp provides all meals and snacks when Participants are on-site and off-site on road trips. It is unnecessary for your child to bring money to camp. Please see list of things not to bring to camp. Activity is not responsible for lost or damaged personal property. No cell phones or electronics are permitted at camp. Any electronic items will be held for safe keeping if found, and delivered back to Participants at the end of the session.
- Items not permitted at camp: There are items that can cause environmental or behavioral problems at camp, and those that we are simply not licensed to allow. Please read this list carefully and ensure that NONE of these items make it into your child’s luggage.
- Money (other than for air travel)
- Electronic devices (other than for plane travel or bar/bat mitzvah studies)
- Silly string
- Knives or any other weapons of any shape or size
- Roller blades and/or skateboards
- Clothing that advertises alcohol, sex, drugs, or cigarettes is unsuitable dress for our camp community
- Media Release: JCC Denver will be taking video, photographs, and using audio recordings of participants during Activities. These promotional mediums are used for recruiting and publicity purposes throughout the year. In the Participant application you can agree or disagree to allow Participant to be used in electronic or print media, at the reasonable discretion of the Jewish Community Center of Denver, without liability to JCC Denver, its counselors and employees. Examples include, but are not limited to: brochures, postcards, JCC Denver websites, Facebook.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICIES
The JCC Ranch Camp has a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you need to cancel for any reason within 24 hours of registering, you will receive a full refund.
|Cancellations made between…||Refunds|
|October 12 – March 1||Refund of payments made minus the $250 non-refundable deposit per camper, per session|
|March 2 – March 31||Refund 75% of payments made minus the $250 non-refundable deposit per camper, per session|
|April 1 – April 30||Refund 50% of payments made minus the $250 non-refundable deposit per camper, per session|
|May 1 – May 31||Refund 25% of payments made minus the $250 non-refundable deposit per camper, per session|
|After June 1||Not eligible for refund|
To cancel your registration please email Allison Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, your campers full name, and the camp session and dates your camper is registered for. You will receive an email confirmation upon cancellation.