Baktanna* is our shortest camp session designed specifically for campers wanting a “taste of camp”! This micro-session is perfect for our youngest campers and campers wanting to have their first multiple day overnight camp experience before attending longer sessions in future summers.
Baktanna leads into our Family Camp program. This is a great opportunity to spend time with your family at camp! Learn more information about Family Camp here: Family Camp 2021.
Relationships are key at camp and if you are worried about your first time camper receiving lots love and attention for their first time away, Baktanna will definitely provide the environment where your camper will be a part of a smaller cabin group with the same outstanding staff we love in our earlier sessions! We fill their four days of overnight camp with all the BEST Ranch Camp has to offer including: horseback riding, swimming, archery, campfire, art & design, tie-dye, Teva Farm and more. We strive to make each minute count! Please note: Campers can only attend Baktanna one time.
*Due to COVID-19, we may not be able to run Baktanna 2021. Registration for Baktanna is currently not open. We will keep our community updated as we have more information.
- Activities Offered: Swimming, High Ropes, Zipline, Horseback Riding, Teva Farm, Hiking, Art & Design, Archery.
- Chuggim (Electives): An important part of the RC schedule is Chug time. These periods are elective options where your camper is empowered to choose an activity that interests and excites them. Many of these might be the same as our scheduled activities above, where they can experience an activity again and more in depth, while others are designed by our staff: rocketry, cooking, nature painting, scavenger hunts, etc.
- Camper Care: During the Baktanna session our focus in entirely on creating a positive first-time camp experience for our younger camper population. Each cabin is staffed with 3-4 bunk staff who are committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual health, safety and well-being of each camper. See below for information about our safety and security at Ranch Camp.
- Family Camp Combo: A great way for the whole family to experience camp is by adding on Family Camp to your child’s session! Baktanna leads right into Family Camp. Campers who attend Baktanna are able to join you at Family Camp at no cost.
Sample Daily Schedule
7:15am – Wake Up
7:45am – Degel and Morning Circle
8:00am – Breakfast
8:50am – Cabin Clean Up
9:20am – Activity 1-3 (OR Specialty Track Programming)
1:15pm – Lunch
2:00pm – Menucha
3:45pm – Chug* 1-2 (OR Cabin Activity/Chug 1 for Track Sessions)
6:00pm – Closing Circle
6:15pm – Dinner
7:15pm – Evening Program
8:30pm – Laila Tov (Youngest/Mini Campers)
9:00pm – Laila Tov (5th and up)
*Chug is Elective Programming
Dates and Rates
Creates a community that fosters connection with yourself, others, the world and Judaism. The girls love being there - they love the culture, the kids, the freedom to be themselves and to grow. Overall, a really, really great experience - not enough room for all the good things to include here!
Ranch Camp Parent
Tell Me About Safety And Security At Ranch Camp
The emotional, physical and spiritual health, safety and well-being of our campers is our primary focus.
Supporting our these key needs at Ranch Camp:
- On-Site Mirpa’ah (Health Center) staff including a registered nurse or physician available 24/7
- Multiple Daily Health Calls (Open Clinic Hours)
- Air-Conditioned Mirpa’ah with overnight capacity
- Urgent Care Facilities 25 minutes away in Falcon, CO with open hours every day
- Several major hospitals (St. Francis Hospital, Colorado Springs – SkyRidge Medical Center – Denver – Children’s Hospital, Parker) within 45 minutes drive
- Flight for Life available 24/7
- Local Ambulance Support within 10 minutes
- Camp entrance monitored by video surveillance camera
- On-Site security presence with a professional security guard
- All spaces at camp equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguishers
- Staff and campers review and practice emergency procedures within the first 24 hours of each session
- All staff are trained on emergency procedures, lost camper, major injury, intruder, active shooter and disaster preparedness as well as CPR/First Aid certified
- Staff are background checked through multiple agencies, screened through personal interviews and reference checks
- Staff are given continuous performance evaluations throughout the summer
- 10 – 17 days of Pre-Camp on location Staff Training with pre-camp distance learning component.
- Accredited by the American Camping Association
- Annual Compliance with State Fire Inspection, State Licensing and Health Inspections.
What Is Food Like At Ranch Camp?
Food is a key part of the camp experience and we eat three meals together each day as a community. We also have snack twice per day in between meal times. We can accommodate a wide range of dietary restrictions including but not limited to: vegetarian, gluten free, celiac diet, corn free, dairy free and a wide variety of specific food allergies. Please contact our office in advance of the summer to discuss your campers food restrictions or dietary challenges and we will be happy to work with you to develop a plan that will have your camper eating healthy, balanced meals to keep there energy up for the fun stuff!